Nordfjord Group - The North Western Fjords, Norway
CLICK ANY IMAGE FOR SLIDESHOW
Location: Nordmore, Far North Sogn Og Fjord
The Nordmore region has the highest density of spectacular scenery in the southern half of Norway. The Briksdal and Kjenndal Glaciers of Jostalbreen are world-class, with phenomenaly talll waterfalls as well in the glacier valleys. The lookout behind Stryn on the Gamle Strynnefjellsvegen Scenic Route is one of the best vistas in Norway. Hjelle, Styrnevatnet, and Lodalen offer some of the deepest aqua-marine waters anywhere. And to top it off, The Panorama Road runs high on the ridge providing amazing vistas at every spot.A side visit ot off-th-beaten-track Hyefjord is well worth the trip for the true explorer.
- The Panorama Road over Fareidfjord, Innvikfjord and Nordfjord
- Briksdal and Kjenndal Glaciers of Jostalbreen (and their paired waterfalls)
- Deep-aqua marine waters at Lodalen and Hjelle
- View towards Stryn from the lookout on the Gamle Strynnefjellsvegen Scenic Route
- The hairpin drive into and out of the fjord-side terraced town of Hennebygda
- Beautfully quiet and vertical Hyefjord
Hiking in Nordfjord, Norway:
The main hikes in the region are up to the glacial fingers at Briksdal and Kjenndal. Briksdal is much more developed (and touristed). Kjenndal is the more scenic and quiter option. Both glacier valley hikes have views to some of the tallest waterfalls you will see.
Driving in Nordfjord, Norway:
Superlative driving tours here. The Panorama Road's name speaks for itself. The view towards Stryn from the lookout on the Gamle Strynnefjellsvegen scenic route is stellar. The drive to Kjenndal glacial / Lodalen is one of the most scenic and aqua-marine lakes in Norway. And the back-roads in and out of Hyefjord are some of the best you will find.
Key Links and Publications About Nordfjord, Norway
Interactive Map of The Nordfjord Fjords